Higher education standards framework
Standards Transition Reference Group
As part of its transition project arrangements, TEQSA has established the Standards Transition Reference Group. The Reference Group consists of:
- a Chair (the TEQSA CEO Mr Anthony McClaran)
- 9 other members, with representatives from:
- Universities Australia (Professor Jane Long, Professor Philippa Pattison)
- ACPET (Mr Andrew Crevald)
- COPHE (Dr Don Owers, Mr Adrian McComb)
- TAFE Directors Australia (Ms IIi Pelletier)
- IEAA (Hon. Phil Honeywood)
- The inaugural HESP (Ms Adrienne Nieuwenhuis)
- a representative from the Department of Education and Training (Mr Stephen Erskine)
The function of the Reference Group is to provide advice to TEQSA on the transition approach and strategies, with particular reference to the impact of the transition on providers. In particular, the Reference Group is invited to note or provide comment on:
- the approach TEQSA has taken to prioritise the development and release of key materials over multiple stages, in order to expedite support for providers in the transition to the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015
- the suitability of sample materials for providers (for example the Framework Overview and Guidance Notes)
- TEQSA’s recommendations for handling considerations and other process issues arising from the transition
- the proposed approach to briefing and engaging providers
The Reference Group members may consult interested parties when performing their functions, as required.
The Terms of Reference are available for download below.
The first meeting was held on 4 March 2016.
2016 Provider roundtables
During April and May TEQSA will run a series of provider roundtables in most capital cities. The roundtables will be hosted by TEQSA CEO Mr Anthony McClaran alongside a member of the TEQSA Commission and are designed to:
- give providers a brief update on TEQSA’s implementation of the streamlined assessment approaches introduced during 2015, and
- outline and discuss our approach to implementing the new Higher Education Standards Framework which applies from 1 January 2017.
Invitations to the roundtables will be sent to providers during March. For further information, email email@example.com.
- About TEQSA
- Regulatory Approach
- For Providers
- For Students
- National Register
- News & Publications