TEQSA – Provider Roundtables 2016
Professional Bodies briefing, 7 September 2016
On Wednesday 7 September TEQSA conducted two roundtables for professional bodies. The roundtables were mainly targeted at those bodies with responsibility for professional registration/accreditation for professional practice. The roundtables were hosted by the TEQSA CEO Mr Anthony McClaran and the Chief Commissioner Professor Nick Saunders. The purpose of these roundtables was to provide a brief update on TEQSA’s implementation of the more streamlined assessment approaches introduced last year, and to outline and discuss TEQSA’s approach to implementation of the new Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015, which will apply from 1 January 2017. Additionally, an update was provided on an initiative by the Department of Education and Training to survey and characterise the extent and scope of professional course accreditation practices in Australian higher education.
- Update and Standards Transition roundtable for professional bodies, 7 September 2016 Presentation [PDF 500kb, 31 pages]
- PKPA - Mapping Professional Accreditation Presentation, Christine Ewan [PDF 230kb, 8 pages]
TEQSA – Provider Roundtables 2015
In August and September 2015, TEQSA held a series of roundtable discussions in each capital city to seek provider views on the current operation of quality assurance and regulation of Australian higher education. The sessions also aimed to provide the sector with an update on the initiatives being implemented by TEQSA to support a more streamlined assessment approach and to engage in a discussion with TEQSA on the challenges facing HEPs in meeting their regulatory compliance responsibilities.
- TEQSA - Provider Roundtable Discussions Report, October 2015
- TEQSA - Provider Roundtable Discussions Presentation, August-September 2015
Initial registration workshop, 16 September 2015
The main presentation from the Initial registration workshop is available below.
TEQSA benchmarking workshop, 30 June 2015
Presentations from the TEQSA benchmarking workshop are available below.
- Effective approaches to benchmarking in HE learning & teaching - Emeritus Professor Geoff Scott
- Benchmarking – TEQSA Resources - Dan Atkin and Hosham Basyoni
- TEQSA Benchmarking - Dr Sara Booth
TEQSA-OLT Forum on eLearning
TEQSA and the Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) hosted a joint forum on eLearning on Friday 4 October 2013.
The forum focused on the implications of new and emerging technologies and models of online delivery on the strategic planning, teaching, learning and quality assurance of higher education by Australian higher education providers.
October 2013 Provider Briefing
Presentations from the October TEQSA provider briefing are available below.
- Scholarship and its application in practice: 2 views from higher education - Professor Shirley Alexander, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Teaching, Learning & Equity), University of Technology, Sydney
- THINK Education Group Scholarship - Linda Brown
- Panel session: Guidance on emerging regulatory issues
- Workshop: ELICOS forms, guides and evidence - Tricia Roessler, Acting Executive Director, Regulation and Review Group
2012 Information sessions for ELICOS providers
During 2012, TEQSA and the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) held joint briefing sessions for providers of English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth. The sessions provided the opportunity for ELICOS providers to learn more about ASQA and TEQSA objectives with respect to ELICOS, as well as application processes and regulatory compliance issues. TEQSA's presentation from the sessions is available below: