Careers at TEQSA
Welcome to TEQSA recruitment
The vision of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) is:
‘To maintain and enhance quality, diversity and innovation in the Australian higher education sector through nationally consistent regulation and quality assurance.’
TEQSA seeks to employ highly skilled people with a commitment to quality higher education who can contribute to TEQSA being a professional, responsive and innovative regulator.
Further information on all current vacancies can be found at APS JOBS.
Who can apply?
Employment with TEQSA is open to all Australian citizens.
All applications must include the cover sheet: TEQSA job application cover sheet [DOCX 1.5MB, 2 pages]
A job with TEQSA will allow you to demonstrate and develop your experience and capabilities.
A TEQSA recruitment process will typically include:
- an application that includes responses to the selection criteria in the position description
- a panel interview for shortlisted applicants
- reference checks for interviewed applicants being considered for appointment
- a formal offer of employment to applicants recommended for appointment.
Working for the Australian Public Service (APS)
Employment with TEQSA means you will be working for the Australian Government under the provisions of the Public Service Act 1999.
Working for TEQSA
Conditions of employment specific to TEQSA, including current salary ranges, are contained in its Enterprise Agreement.
TEQSA is committed to providing a workplace that recognises and values the diversity of its employees. Diversity includes, but is not limited to, “differences in gender, age, language, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and family responsibilities. In the workplace, it also encompasses differences between individuals in educational level, life experience, work experience, socio-economic background and personality.” (Australian Public Service Commission)
TEQSA's Workplace Diversity Plan is available on the Agency's Information Publication Scheme page. The plan aims to ensure that, as far as possible, the diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives of all TEQSA’s staff are recognised, valued and fully utilised. TEQSA’s Workplace Diversity Plan will include measures which aim to:
- foster a diverse workforce
- attract and recruit people from diverse backgrounds
- prevent discrimination and harassment
- support staff to balance their work, family and other caring responsibilities effectively, and
- integrate workplace diversity principles into TEQSA’s organisational values and work practices.